13/12/2016

Letters and windows in Annecy

Oh hi there! If you follow me on Instagram, my last (maybe ever??) post was about how IG is starting to feel like a graveyard (just like Flickr did when we all deserted it for Instagram - oh the irony...), with it's insane algorithm that cuts us off from each other, and decides for us what we want to see and in what order. It's made me seriously think about whether I still want social media to be a part of my everyday life. In a world where people get their news from Facebook, and politicians vent on Twitter, I'm starting to feel that I no longer want to partake. This here might be a better spot to "hang out" as it's quieter, and as I'm still reading blogs, it makes sense to start posting more as well. But I'm quite behind (five months - gaaah!). It would take many days in front of the computer to get back up to date, and I'll try my best to catch up. So, as far as the blog is concerned, it's still July, and as the sun has been absent from the London sky for days, I savour seeing some pictures from the summer again.

These are from Annecy (the town), and the French do signage so well. Something the Brits are terrible at. I'd love to tour France and just collect pictures of their typography. Now there's an idea!

4 comments:

  1. Hgh, I hear you on Instagram fatigue... I'm not over yet but equally annoyed. I never stopped reading blogs and really happy you might post more often. Oh France, planning a trip there next year. Stay warm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's quite a few of us that feel the same. I learnt a new word today: JOMO - Joy of Missing Out - haha! That kind of sums me up at the moment! I'm enjoying being more present, and not getting distracted by my stupid phone. So blogging seems like a good choice right now; a lot slower, more considered and away from all the nonsense that IG wants to feed me. You stay warm too! xx

      Delete
  2. I still have a feed reader and you are in it. Always love your posts....such a way with light and shadow.
    Social media is a fickle thing.
    Happy Solstice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie! That's so nice of you to say! Ironically I posted on IG this morning, but I've turned my notifications off, and I don't want to look at it for as long as possible, haha! I think I'm the fickle one ;) Happy Solstice to you too!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.